I found myself looking at girls in the way older women used to look at me long ago, with a mix of charm and astonishment at the daring spirit.
I was not always charmed; somewhere it was painful.
When you are young, you believe that you will always be free. That makes you vulnerable, but you don’t know that because you are clueless at the time. That makes the spirit of the young also so powerful. We should cherish that in our girls and boys.
But it was not always like this. Once I was feeling pain when looking at the young and the realization hit me like a wall of bricks. It was after I gave birth to my daughter and after months of pregnancy, devastating birth and weeks in hospitals I had a few hours to do something in the city.
It was one of those moments that suddenly moved in slow motion. A young woman walked past me carrying a big bag with a low cut jeans, talking loudly on her mobile phone.
I had a flash of my exciting life before the world fell on my head. A little girl voice inside my head said:” I used to be like that”. And I can tell you now that she meant care free, confidant, happily clueless.
Somehow my body, my life changed and I was not really prepared. I looked at the mirror thinking; how come nobody told me to say goodbye to my old and lovely belly button?
We know that are body is changing. Actually, everyday the body is changing, shifting, transforming, but still we are shocked when the bra size is again wrong.
My daughters body and challenged health, and my changing body, are giving me an opportunity to keep contact with it as it is. And sometimes that is actually amazing.
Helping my elderly mother or grandmother is not easy, but it is also so precious.
The changing body of our beloved, our aging friend, our little boy who is becoming a young man: again an opportunity to practice acceptance, tenderness and love.
Loving our own body is the starting point to having a deeper connection.
It is a daily awareness to be going through the lairs to bring more love to the deep tissue.
Here few reasons to loving our bodies as they are.
Here are 10 sparkly reasons to Love Our Body As It Is
1) When we can love our changing body, we can love our partners changing body or even our child’s changing body.
2) When we can love our body unconditionally, we can be a better partner with our own body in times of crisis, illness or accidents.
3) When we love our physical body, we listen better, and when we listen better we get to hear refined messages and can address signals better.
4) When we love their physicality and our own body, we tend to have a general respect to other people bodies, and that is good for healthy relationships.
5) When we can love our body, we can enjoy physical issues like creating form, shape and color and believe it or not, we appreciate animals and the earth more passionately.
6) When we enjoy our body we have more pleasure in the sensuality, and when we feel more sexual we are more confidant and attracting good things.
7) When we accept our body as it is, we have energy to expand what is, develop healthy habits, and create a better lifestyle.
8) When we love our body we can project our energy and our voice better, so our presentation of ourselves, in life and business, is better.
9) When we love our body, we are more anchored in the physicality, and contrary to popular belief, we can bring more cosmic energy and create better grounding and insight in our life.
10) When we love and accept our physical body as it is, we come across as more alive.
What they call animal magnetism. Mmmmm……that is making it worth to be loving. Right?